Are you confused about linking your PAN and Aadhaar? Here’s everything you need to know:
• Under the Income-tax Act, if you have been allotted a PAN then you are required to link your PAN with your Aadhaar by intimating your Aadhaar to the Income Tax authority.
• The original deadline for linking your PAN and Aadhaar was 31st March 2023, but it has now been extended to June 30, 2023.
• If you fail to link your PAN and Aadhaar by the new deadline, your PAN will become inoperative from July 1, 2023. This means that you will face certain consequences, including higher TDS and TCS deductions, no refunds, and no interest payable on any refunds.
• However, if you link your PAN and Aadhaar within 30 days of your PAN becoming inoperative, you can make your PAN operative again by paying a fee of Rs. 1,000.
• individuals over the age of 80 are exempt from PAN-Aadhaar linking.
• As of now, more than 51 crore PANs have already been linked with Aadhaar.
• To link your PAN and Aadhaar, simply Click Here to go on official website of income tax department of India.
FOR STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO LINK PAN AND AADHAR AFTER GOING TO ABOVE LINK. Refer this Guide.
Common Difficulties faced by individuals when linking AADHAR to PAN
Some common problems are :
- most of people face mismatch of information in their own documents. such as the name, date of birth, year of birth, etc. do not match in AADHAR and PAN.
- OTP for the linking cannot be generated then you will not be able to link your documents.
SOLUTION, to update the details to make them match is to make the changes on the Aadhaar. You can update such informations on your Aadhaar card – that is, name, date of birth, address, gender, mobile number, and language. However, please note that if you can only make the changes to your address online only. For all other updations, you will be required to visit the nearest Aadhaar enrolment or update centre. that could be any CSC Centres, E-gram centres, and various government agencies as well as cyber cafes and other retailer that give same services near you.
How to check your Aadhaar and PAN are linked or not:
- To Visit the official site of Income Tax Department Click HERE
- Step 1 – Select “Link Aadhaar Status” below Quick Links
- Step 2 – Enter your PAN Card Number
- Step 3 – Enter your Aadhaar Card Number
- Step 4 – Then, click on the Button ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’
- Step 5 – And finally, you can see your linking status.